Thank you for your support in 2023! Over the last year a lot of work has gone into the 2022 Bond projects and we’re wrapping up the year on a high note.
On Dec. 12, we hosted the construction kick-off for Odom Elementary School — the first major school renovation as part of the 2022 Bond. The upgrades to Odom’s open-concept floor plan will fully enclose learning spaces and improve safety for students, teachers and staff.
- The event included remarks from Principal Sondra McWilliams and Interim Superintendent Matias Segura and a presentation from the project team about the design of the new spaces.
- Students created a garland, which included messages about what they love about their school. The garland was then used to close off the construction area as a special welcome to the new campus design.
- Check out our quick video of the event to see our students in action. And don’t forget to follow Austin ISD on Instagram (@austinisd) to keep up-to-date on all the happenings with our Bond projects.
In the new year, we will continue gathering community input, which is an essential step for the bond projects. Keep an eye out for community meetings at the following schools in January and February:
- Allison Elementary School
- Anderson High School
- Burnet Middle School
- Crockett Early College High School
- Harris Elementary School
- Houston Elementary School
- Langford Elementary School
- LBJ Early College High School
- Linder Elementary School
- McCallum High School
- Northeast Early College High School & International High School
- Palm Elementary School
- Pecan Springs Elementary School
- Sadler Means Young Women’s Leadership Academy
Follow the 2022 Bond calendar or sign up for campus newsletters** here **to learn more about upcoming community engagement opportunities. Visit AISDFuture.com for more details about your school’s project.
In case you missed it, watch our 2022 Bond 1-Year Anniversary video to learn more about 2022 Bond progress and what has been accomplished so far. The Spanish version can be viewed here.